Pre Natal and Post Natal Massage
Whilst this can be a very exciting time, it can also be challenging and overwhelming.
Massage can help you feel more grounded, more relaxed and more in tune with your body throughout each stage of pregnancy. Massage helps support you physically, mentally and spiritually.
In these sessions we work individually to your specific needs.
My role as the therapist is to support the mother to be, encouraging her to deepen her own body awareness and self care at this particular time and connect more to herself and to her baby.
Reasons and benefits of Pregnancy Massage
- Relieves lower back ache
- Helps with symptoms such as nausea, fatigue, heartburn and other pregnancy related discomfort (SPD)
- Encourages movement in tight muscles
- Improves movement in the hip area
- Helps to reduce anxiety
- Promotes connection with your baby
- Postural exercises to strengthen and prepare for birth
- Develop an understanding of your changing body
- Time out for you
- Restores energy levels
There is also opportunity for your partner to join part of a session to learn simple hands on massage techniques that can help during latter stage of pregnancy and birth.
We also practice breathing techniques and simple energy holds that encourage connection and relaxation.
It is equally important for the new mum to continue her body care once baby has arrived. Some may argue it is vital.
Reasons and benefits of Post Pregnancy Massage
- Eases muscle tension – particularly with feeding in mind
- Increases well being
- Lowers stress levels
- Postural re alignment
- Connection with your baby
- Bring baby along too
- Promotes healing
- Valuable time out to restore energy levels
- Balance hormones